Head Of Procurement
£60,000- £65,000 + £5.5k car allowance + 20% bonus + great pension + additional benefits
Are you a Procurement Category Manager looking for a step up into your first Head of Procurement role?
A rare opportunity has come up in a well-known UK consumer brand based in Buckinghamshire for a new Head of Procurement to come in and manage a small team of 3 and manage all Indirect services spend for the team. This role will be focusing on some key strategic projects in the business as they go from strength to strength and have the support of the Group Procurement Director who this role reports to. The role will oversee a portfolio of spend of around £100 million which includes Capex and all the traditional areas you would expect such as IT, HR, Professional Services, FM, Fleet, Marketing and Logistics.
What the role involves
- Overseeing a £100 million pound indirect spend remit
- Responsible for defining and executing the Procurement road map across the business.
- Managing a small Procurement Team in the delivery of the Procurement strategy.
- Report to the Group Procurement Director who sits on the board, so you have a great chance to make significant change and to interact with the wider exec team in making critical commercial decisions
- Pro active in going out to the wider exec to ensure Procurement is acting as a business partner and to be a commercial hub of the business while maintaining good governance.
- The business has now over 19 sites so there maybe the occasional travel, but the role is mainly split between the head office in Buckinghamshire and home working.
The person we hope to find
- Proven team leadership experience.
- A broad range of category management skills is required.
- Ability to interact and influence senior board level stakeholders.
- Ability to work under pressure and be a self-starter is critical.
- Be able to identify and implement negotiation strategies through a multi-function team.
- A charismatic and engaging Procurement Professional who is ambitious and thrives in learning new category areas and challenging themselves
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is now looking for that step up into their first Head of Procurement role, managing a small but very capable team with opportunities to develop and grow in an organisation which has seen a rise in customer demand in 2020 and for you to lead some significant change
For more information please apply by emailing the latest copy of your CV and contact details to email@example.comApply