Strategic Sourcing Manager
Talent Drive is excited to be working exclusively with an aviation business in Sussex who as part of an exciting Procurement transformation are doubling their Procurement Team size and looking to hire a new Strategic Sourcing Manager! This role will see you managing the Procurement Category Strategy globally for a range of direct goods. The preferred candidate will have ideally come from a manufacturing or engineering background and needs to have a background in direct materials within Procurement. This role will report straight into the Head of Procurement and will also see you manage some of the key OEM suppliers for the business.
What the role involves:
- Management of a range of direct materials spend across the division.
- Ensure that Procurement is seen in a strategic way and looking at new long-term supplier strategy and innovation and how to bring best value to this.
- A lot of contracts are single source so identifying ways to review this.
- Have the chance to interact with the wider Procurement exec team in making critical commercial decisions as part of the short, medium- and long-term strategy of the business and be empowered to make these decisions.
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the Procurement Team to drive value from current supplier base.
The person we hope to find:
- Proven procurement buying experience across direct materials
- Previous experience in working in an Engineering or Manufacturing environment is desirable
- Understanding of reviewing a sourcing strategy and facing off internally and externally with stakeholders to deliver this.
- Flexible, adjust readily to new situations while effectively dealing with ambiguity, stress and uncertainty. Able to leverage knowledge of operations and develop solutions to complex issues.
- Strong negotiation skills and understanding of contracts and supply agreements.
This is a great time to join this growing company who continue to invest in their products and global markets and a chance for perhaps a Buyer looking for a step up into something more senior and to be part of this global team. If you have a direct procurement category background and looking for a new challenge in Sussex, then please get in touch!
If you’re interested in this role, please apply directly on our website or for any questions please email email@example.com