What a wonderful time to be working for the NHS and supporting our front-line workers in the fight against the Coronavirus Pandemic. Talent Drive is proud to be partnering with the NHS Foundation Trust in helping them recruit and build a new Procurement Team in Swindon.
We have multiple roles available across clinical and non-clinical services and while an NHS background / healthcare background would be desirable they are open to background.
The most important thing they are looking for is someone with some Procurement experience who is hard working and willing to learn that can come in and support the development of the Procurement team.
What the role involves
- Takes responsibility for a specific category, liaising with suppliers, stakeholders and colleagues to ensure value for money is achieved.
- Undertake research of commodities and markets to prepare and support the competitive process and support stakeholders in the preparation of product / service specifications
- Work with key clinicians/stakeholders to manage the trial and implementation of new or alternative equipment and/or products
- Conducts basic data analysis activity and benchmarking across a category spend to demonstrate value for money and identify opportunities to save and add value.
- Works with colleagues to ensure that price, supplier and stakeholder queries are promptly resolved.
- To support the Procurement Department in the delivery of cost and efficiency savings across the Trust, by analysing current spend information to develop in house and collaborative procurement strategies and workplans.
- To support the strategic team to monitor and review suppliers and their performance against contracts, including benchmarking with other organisations, taking action as appropriate.
The person we hope to find
- Knowledge of professional purchasing principles, best practice approach to procurement and experience of working in multi-functional business environment.
- Experience of working with stakeholders.
- The ability to manage workload, prioritise, effectively communicate, and manage expectations of the team you are supporting.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships and communications with colleagues, all members of the Trust.
- Proven negotiation skills and understanding of contracts and supply agreements.
- Proven ability to plan and prioritise programmes and activities which impact across departments and services.
- The post holder will be required to travel across various sites within the boundaries of Bath and North East Somerset, Swindon and Wiltshire STP.
This is a great time to join the NHS and support its growing demand in Procurement and Supply Chain the UK at this current time. The roles will mainly be based out of Swindon and will be procuring services across both clinical and non-clinical areas.
If you have a Procurement background and are interested in this exciting time to join the NHS in Wiltshire then please apply by emailing the latest copy of your CV and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply