A unique opportunity has come up in a well-respected public sector organisation in Wiltshire that is going through an exciting Procurement transformation, and as such is looking to grow its Procurement team and hire a new Procurement Manager.
While this organisation is in the public sector, it does have a lot of Procurement Professionals with a private sector background including the Procurement Director, so the hiring team are open to exploring various industry backgrounds.
The role will require travel to the company’s 3 main sites in Bath, Swindon and Salisbury. Which site you are based in is your choice – if you are happy to travel to the others when required.
What the role involves:
- Management of a range of spend across the divisional team; the direct products are very varied and interesting.
- Ensure that Procurement is seen in a strategic way and looking at new long-term supplier strategy and innovation and how to bring best value to this.
- A lot of contracts are single source so identifying ways to review this.
- Have the chance to interact with the wider Procurement exec team in making critical commercial decisions as part of the short, medium- and long-term strategy of the business and be empowered to make these decisions.
- Effectively lead, develop, and enable the procurement organisation to achieve strategic objectives.
The person we hope to find:
- Proven procurement category management background.
- Previous experience in working in a regulated environment is desirable but not essential.
- Strong ability to manage the sourcing strategy and critical success factors internally and externally in order to achieve this.
- Flexible, adjust readily to new situations while effectively dealing with ambiguity, stress and uncertainty. Able to leverage knowledge of operations and develop solutions to complex issues.
- Strong negotiation skills and understanding of contracts and supply agreements.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a great time to join this growing company that continues to invest in its Procurement team.
If you have a strong procurement category background either in the public or private sector and are looking for a new challenge, then please get in touch!
Apply to this Procurement Manager role directly. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.orgApply