Procurement Manager – Indirects
Imagine arriving at work to find a modern, swanky office nestled in the Sussex hills. On your way to your desk you pass a couple of colleagues enjoying a morning game of pool in the games room, and a couple more starting their day with a hot cup of coffee in the sunny canteen.
When you arrive at your desk, your friendly team are there to greet you, discussing the plan for the day. Sounds perfect, right?
Talent Drive is very pleased to bring to market a very rare greenfield opportunity within an ambitious, growing Technology business. Your role as Procurement Manager would include owning the indirect spend within the business and exploring innovative ways of consolidating its supplier base and adding strategic value to the previously purchased services.
This privately-owned business has seen incredible year on year growth, with the Procurement team already hit their annual target – yes, in January! It’s no surprise, as the team has expressed a firm passion in making the Procurement team a CIPS best in class function. If you’d relish the chance of working with a dynamic and talented team, please consider applying with an up to date CV.
This role will see you report to the Head of Procurement and has some genuine learning and development opportunities to boost you and your career in the future.
What the role involves:
- As a Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing indirect spend such as HR, Professional Services, Marketing, FM, Fleet and Logistics and identify opportunities for consolidating spend and undertaking tendering and contract management opportunities for a wide range of requirements
- Lead the Procurement function ensuring category spend is managed effectively and to drive quality and cost savings for the organisation as they continue to grow.
- Manage a new supplier on boarding and contract performance management programme to include SLA and KPI implementation.
- Manage the materials supplier base to ensure maximum quality and cost savings for the business
- Ensure procurement support is provided to other improvement projects across the business.
The person we hope to find:
- Strong end to end procurement sourcing and category management experience across indirect services
- Excellent communication skills and able to work with all levels of management and stakeholders
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well organised, process and team-oriented with the ability to prioritise quickly
- Highly motivated self-starter: ability to initiate and manage work with minimal supervision
- Commercially aware and financially astute
Salary and Benefits:
If you are a Procurement Buyer looking for a step-up or a Procurement Manager who really enjoy getting their hands on indirect procurement, or even if you’re simply looking for a new challenge within an interesting organisation – then this could be a great role for you.
This forward-thinking organisation has a solid foundation of direct Procurement and now needs someone to lay the foundations of indirect services as the business steps boldly into the future.
For more information please apply directly.