IT Category Manager
This well-known UK company are looking for a new IT Category Manager to manage the IT spend including all IT Software, Hardware and Telecoms spend. This Hampshire based position is part of the Global Procurement Organisation and will report directly to the Head of Indirect Procurement.
What the role involves:
- Responsible for the development, validation and sustainable implementation of the sub-category strategies, up to around £50m PA in spend.
- Responsible for communication of sourcing plans and alignment between Procurement and its internal clients and external suppliers and partners.
- Ownership of the financial performance of the IT procurement and sub-categories that fall into this area; including agreement and verification of savings forecast, budgeting and delivery.
- Identify and communicate best practices and develop benchmarks that compare internal procurement performance to industry best practice.
- Provide good IT market knowledge across the assigned sub-categories and translate into practice.
The person we hope to find has:
- A detailed understanding of IT Category Management.
- Understanding of working with IT Suppliers and negotiating the right deal for the organisation.
- Full knowledge of sourcing/procurement procedures and processes and knowledge of the external trends and best practices within the IT/ Tech space.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to champion the vision of the organisation as delivering best value to the organisation.
- MCIPS Qualified.
This position would suit an ambitious, talented Procurement professional with some technology/hardware/software experience who is motivated to join a business in genuine ‘turnaround’ mode where there is an opportunity to have a big impact in Procurement.
For more information please apply directly, or by emailing the latest copy of your CV and contact details to email@example.comApply