Head of Procurement
Have you ever dreamed of becoming a Head of Procurement? How about within an organisation where you’ll be given a blank piece of paper to draw up your Procurement strategy?
Talent Drive is really proud to be working with a forward-thinking, growing Retail brand that is looking for a brand-new Head of Procurement to set and execute a Procurement strategy across the business, with a team of 5 to manage. Reporting directly into the CFO, this role will give you the autonomy to take a view on Procurement that you see best, in order to create a roadmap.
As part of your responsibility, you will be accountable for a spend of £70 million and growing.
This organisation has recently taken on investment to help support its growth and as part of this investment, has taken on a Procurement Consultancy to undertake a spend diagnostic and review of its supplier base. This in itself will give the new Head of Procurement a fantastic head start in your growth of the Procurement team across all spend including directs and indirect.
What the role involves:
- As Head of Procurement, you will be responsible for overseeing a team of five capable Procurement Professionals
- Manage £70 million spend (and growing!) across direct and indirect services
- Be part of the senior leadership team for the business and ensure internal alignment on Procurements’ role within the business
- Formulate and implement multi-year category procurement strategies which are aligned to internal business requirements
- Ensure procurement support is provided to other improvement projects across the business
The person we hope to find:
- People Management experience is a must
- Strong end to end procurement sourcing and category management experience across indirect or direct services
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with all levels of management and stakeholders
- Well organised, process and team-oriented with the ability to prioritise quickly
- Highly motivated self-starter: ability to initiate and manage work with minimal supervision
- Commercially aware and financially astute
If you are a Senior Procurement Manager perhaps looking for a step up to your first Head of Procurement role, or are already at that next level and are looking for a fresh challenge where Procurement is very much on the businesses growth agenda then this would be a great role for you.
This forward-thinking organisation has seen that Procurement has a seat the table, and now it’s time to find somebody to sit in it.
For more information please apply directly.