Head of IT Procurement
A well-known Defence and Technology company are looking to upskill their IT Procurement area and as a result invest in a new Head of IT Procurement to head up the function and report straight into the Procurement Director. The organisation is going through a large digital transformation, so a strong IT and Technology category background and leadership expertise is critical for this role.
What the role involves
- Managing a small team in driving the IT and Technology agenda across the business from a Procurement standpoint
- Shaping and executing a range of sourcing strategies across IT and Technology area and collaborating with key internal stakeholders in the business
- Have the chance to interact with the wider Procurement exec team in making critical commercial decisions as part of the short, medium- and long-term strategy of the business and be empowered to make these decisions.
- Report to the Procurement Director take full end to end category ownership of IT Procurement and look at ways to leverage with suppliers to maximise both cost and value for the business.
The person we hope to find
- Strong IT category management experience is essential for this role
- Ideally managed a small Procurement team in the past.
- Proven experience of managing IT stakeholders and being able to make key strategic decisions on the supplier base you are engaged with
- Degree educated or equivalent would be preferable but not essential
- Had proven experience in working in a fast-paced industry environment whether that’s retail or another relevant industry, ideally within the private sector.
If you are an experienced IT Procurement Leader looking for a new challenge and are interested in heading up IT Procurement in a truly forward thinking and growing defence company, then this could well be the role for you!
For more information please apply by emailing the latest copy of your CV and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.orgApply