Head of Claims Procurement
A rare opportunity has come up in a well-established Insurance business for a brand-new Head of Claims Procurement to come in and help drive the category strategy in this area.
The business is going through an exciting digitalisation and as a result are rapidly growing its customer base and regional presence.
This role is for someone with an insurance industry background, who has worked in a claims capacity either across Procurement, Supply Chain or a similarly commercial role.
You’ll be reporting to the Chief Claims Officer, who sits on the board, and manages a team of 4 direct reports with a larger 72-person team below your reports.
What the role involves
- Create and set the claims strategy as agreed with CCO. This involves cost control and customer service of £250m and circa 80k customers per year
- Responsibility for the strategy and management motor claims repair and salvage suppliers ensuring the quality, service and cost control meets requirements in line with the overall Claims strategy
- Build and lead an effective and cohesive management team with effective succession planning
- Lead and drive improved performance on customer feedback to deliver superior customer experience and performance
- Ensure the planning and implementation of the operational expenses budget including a 2/3-year forward plan –balancing operational (including staffing)-v- indemnity spend and customer service
The person we hope to find
- Must have extensive knowledge of the insurance industry
- Excellent inter-personal communication and motivational skills
- Need Claims experience within a Procurement/ Supply Chain/ Commercial role
- You must have strong leadership and organisational skills with the ability to plan, implement and deliver business objectives.
- Must be able to influence people at all levels and complexity, both internally and externally
- A good level of change management skills
If you are an experienced Commercial/ Procurement Leader within the Insurance world and are looking for a step up into a leadership role – this is the one for you. You’ll be managing a high performing and continually developing function with a national remit. You can either be contractually based in Surrey or in Manchester, but you will also have the option to work flexibly. Note that the role will require travel to meet critical stakeholders across the UK.
Apply via our website today.
For more information about this role, get in touch with us at email@example.comApply