Global Procurement Manager
A unique opportunity has come up in a world recognised FMCG brand in Slough, Berkshire due to an internal promotion in the Procurement Team. This role will see you oversee the Procurement Category Strategy globally for a range of direct goods and contract manufacturing across one of the organisations most highly profitable global divisions. The role will have an international reach, with a large supplier base in North America as this organisation looks to raise the profile of Procurement.
The preferred candidate will have ideally come from a FMCG/ Manufacturing industry with strong Procurement expertise across direct materials/ Contract Manufacturing expertise and this role will report straight into the Global Head of Procurement who is based in the UK.
What the role involves:
- Management of all direct materials spend across the divisional team; the direct products are very varied and interesting!
- Ensure that Procurement is seen in a strategic way and looking at new long-term supplier strategy and innovation and how to bring best value to this
- A lot of contracts are single source so identifying ways to review this
- Have the chance to interact with the wider Procurement exec team in making critical commercial decisions as part of the short, medium- and long-term strategy of the business and be empowered to make these decisions
- Effectively lead, develop, and enable the procurement organisation to achieve strategic objectives.
The person we hope to find:
- Proven procurement category management background across direct materials
- Previous experience in working in a regulated environment is desirable
- Strong ability to manage the global sourcing strategy and critical success factors internally and externally in order to achieve this
- Flexible, adjust readily to new situations while effectively dealing with ambiguity, stress and uncertainty. Able to leverage knowledge of operations and develop solutions to complex issues.
- Strong negotiation skills and understanding of contracts and supply agreements