Global Procurement Manager
A unique opportunity for a Global Procurement Manager has come up in a world recognised Manufacturing brand in Surrey due to an increase in demand for the Procurement Team. This role will see you oversee the Procurement Category Strategy globally for all direct goods across one of the organisations most highly profitable divisions. The role will have a global element to it with a large supplier base in North America in particular as this organisation looks to raise the profile of Procurement. The preferred candidate will have ideally come from a manufacturing/ engineering industry with strong Procurement expertise across direct materials/ Capex expertise and this role will report straight into the Global Head of Procurement who is based in the UK.
What the role involves:
- Management of all direct materials spend across the divisional team; the direct products are very varied and interesting!
- Ensure that Procurement is seen in a strategic way and looking at new long-term supplier strategy and innovation and how to bring best value to this
- A lot of contracts are single source so identifying ways to review this
- Have the chance to interact with the wider Procurement exec team in making critical commercial decisions as part of the short, medium- and long-term strategy of the business and be empowered to make these decisions
- Effectively lead, develop, and enable the procurement organisation to achieve strategic objectives.
The person we hope to find:
- Proven procurement category management background across direct materials
- Previous experience in working in a regulated environment is desirable
- Strong ability to manage the global sourcing strategy and critical success factors internally and externally in order to achieve this
- Flexible, adjust readily to new situations while effectively dealing with ambiguity, stress and uncertainty. Able to leverage knowledge of operations and develop solutions to complex issues.
- Strong negotiation skills and understanding of contracts and supply agreements
This is a great time to join this growing company who continue to invest in their products and global markets and a chance for an experienced Procurement Manager who is looking for a change to be part of this global team. The role offers flexible working and a chance to be part of a UK team and part of a wider global Procurement team. If you have a strong direct procurement category background and looking for a new challenge in Surrey then please get in touch!
For more information please apply by emailing the latest copy of your CV and contact details to email@example.comApply