Senior Procurement Manager – Indirects
£65-75,000 + 15% bonus, matched pension scheme + private medical and 25 days holiday
A rare opportunity has come up for a well known Retail business near Reading who as part of an exciting Procurement Transformation are looking for a new Senior Procurement Manager to come in and support the business on an initial 12 month fixed term contract. This role will be leading projects across a broad range of indirect services including HR, Professional Services, FM, Logistics and IT services. A huge draw to the role other than the variety and brand is the flexible working. You won’t be required to be in the office that much and certainly for the first few months this will be almost all home working. This can give you the flexibility to manage your work with your personal life! This role reports into the Head of Procurement for Indirect Services.
What the role involves:
- Overseeing a wide range of large-scale indirect category areas and projects for the team
- Responsible for reviewing a range of supplier spend areas and looking at ways to optimise these areas and make them more efficient and commercially viable.
- Shaping and executing a range of sourcing strategies across Indirect spend (and collaborating with key internal stakeholders in the business
- Work closely with C Suite level stakeholders and internal stakeholders to ensure the delivery of indirect category plans from a range of areas from HR to IT!
- Deliver high profile strategic projects from cradle to grave
The person we hope to find
- A broad range of indirect category management experience is essential
- Ability to interact and influence senior board level stakeholders.
- Ideally managed multiple contracts on a regional or international level
- Ability to work under pressure and be a self-starter is critical
- Be able to identify and implement negotiation strategies through a multi-function team
If you are a Procurement Leader who is available on short notice and are looking for a role which offers a wide variety of supplier exposure and a chance to make a quick impact in a well-established Procurement team then this could be the role for you! This organisation is going through some exciting changes including huge investment in digitalisation and consumer product engagement as well as entering into new media platforms as Procurement gain more accountability of supplier spend.
For more information please apply by emailing the latest copy of your CV and contact details to email@example.comApply