Senior Procurement Manager- Capital Projects
Senior Procurement Manager- Capital Projects, Surrey- £70-95k per annum + great benefits
There are exciting changes afoot in this well-known Engineering company in the heart of Surrey in their impressive UK HQ. The Global Head of Procurement is looking for a Senior Procurement Manager to lead a global project team within the Capital Projects team. This roles focus is to ensure efficient and effective material control of the project equipment and materials from planning through sourcing, expediting, inspection, transport, and receipt. The Senior Procurement Manager is expected to develop competitive sourcing strategies, actively engage suppliers and resolve performance issues.
What the role involves:
· As a Senior Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing key strategic contracts, identifying opportunities for consolidating spend and undertaking tendering and contract management opportunities for a wide range of requirements with initial focus on construction categories.
· Lead the major project team within Procurement ensuring category spend is managed effectively and to drive quality and cost savings for the organisation as they continue to grow.
· Manage a new supplier on boarding and contract performance management programme to include SLA and KPI implementation.
· Manage project resource planning, working with Regional Directors to ensure resourcing for planned project work.
· Direct the project Procurement team and work closely with the Project Manager to successfully plan and execute the Procurement scope
· Act as single point of contact between the Procurement team and the Project Execution team on the assigned project.
· Liaise frequently with Expeditors, Inspection Leads, and Transportation Specialists to ensure exceptional execution
· Manage budget for Capital Procurement scope of the project, including the equipment/materials costs as well as the Procurement hours expended
· Monitor global market conditions and business drivers to maximize leverage and minimize risk.
The person we hope to find:
· Strong Capital Projects experience within a Procurement setting an essential
· Excellent communication skills and able to work with all levels of management and stakeholders
· Senior project experience on large EPC projects of similar value and a strong track record in project management
· Strong and varied experience in Technical, Engineering, Commercial or Project environment
· Ability to communicate effectively and work with internal and external customers
· UK based with the ability to travel internationally when needed
If you are a Senior Procurement Manager with an extensive project management background within Capital Projects and Engineering and are looking for your next challenge, then this could we be the role for you!
For more information please apply directly, or by emailing the latest copy of your CV and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.orgApply