Procurement Manager, Indirect, 6 month initial Fixed Term Contract | Hertfordshire | Major
£55-65,000 pro rata + holiday, pension and other great benefits
A well-known Utilities Company based In Hertfordshire is seeking an interim Procurement Manager to
manage the Professional Services Category along with the autonomy to work across other categories
when required. This role will report directly to the Head of Procurement and will be a mix of managing
existing spend under contract and seeing bids through to completion. Public procurement is a plus but
The ability to deliver to target and hit the ground running is key for this role.
This role will be predominantly remote based with occasional requirements to sit in their office in
Hertfordshire 2-3 days a week. They offer flexible working as they take great pride in finding a good
work/life balance and as a small Procurement team its crucial to have a happy and healthy workforce!
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic team on an interim basis with potential for longer
term work for the right person.
What the role involves
- Managing all procurement activity within the Professional Services category as well as
supporting on other category projects across the Procurement team
- Contract values will range from £100k up to multi-million-pound contracts with key
suppliers for the business
- Shaping and executing a range of sourcing strategies across Professional and
collaborating with key internal stakeholders in the business
- Have the chance to interact with the wider Procurement exec team in making critical
commercial decisions as part of the short, medium- and long-term strategy of the
business and be empowered to make these decisions.
- Report to the Procurement Director and be part of a team looking to drive change and
grow the Procurements spend remit across the business.
The person we hope to find
- Category management experience is essential for this role
- Experience ideally within the Professional Services/ HR category
- Ideally managed multiple contracts on a regional or international level
- Proven experience of managing Professional Services stakeholders and being able to make
key strategic decisions on the supplier base you are engaged with
- Degree educated or equivalent would be preferable but not essential
- Be able to identify and implement negotiation strategies through a multi-function team
If you are a Procurement Manager who enjoys implementing category plans and enjoys the variety of
managing different projects and you are available on a short notice and would consider a 6 month
initial contract in a progressive culture then this could well be the role for you!
For more information please apply by emailing the latest copy of your CV and contact details to