Procurement Manager – Construction
£55-60,000 + £5,000 car allowance + 25% bonus + great pension, 25 days holiday, private healthcare and flexible working
As part of this expanding privately owned organisations growth strategy they are looking for a new Procurement Category Manager to come in and lead their key spend across Construction with the plans to grow the team and spend portfolio as they win new customers. This is a unique opportunity to work on some high profile strategic projects and reporting to the Senior Procurement Manager
There is great plans for this role and company as the continue to grow and are continuingly looking for ways to develop the Procurement function and evolve so things like sponsoring CIPS and additional qualifications is very much. You will be part of a Procurement Team of 16 who are based around the UK so you don’t need to be placed in the same office 5 days a week, they offer flexible working and you can be based mainly from home with occasional travel which is a huge plus!
What the role involves
- Lead large scale strategic construction projects for the business ensuring category spend is managed effectively and to drive quality and cost savings for the organisation as they continue to grow.
- Deliver the procurement strategy including best practices, tools, guidance, and support aligned to business and operational requirements.
- Manage a new supplier on boarding and contract performance management programme to include SLA and KPI implementation.
- Manage the materials supplier base to ensure that Estimators have access to up-to-date cost information
- Ensure procurement support is provided to other improvement projects across the business.
- Lead the improvement in the efficiency and effectiveness of just in time deliveries throughout the supply chain.
The person we hope to find
- Experience in construction industry procurement is essential
- Strong negotiator with suppliers
- Strong commercial acumen
- Experience negotiating and managing NEC or JCT contracts considered a plus
- Experience in delivering measurable cost savings through successful supply chain management
- Experience or interest in off-site construction considered a plus
- Experience with residential new build construction considered a plus
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Self-starter, flexible and willing to adapt to change
If you are a Procurement Manager with a strong construction category background, ideally in residential and are looking for a new challenge in a forward thinking and growing business and can be based UK wide then this could be the role for you!
For more information please apply by emailing the latest copy of your CV and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.orgApply