Procurement Category Manager
Procurement Category Manager, Marketing – Global Retail Brand – Hertfordshire
£45-55,000 per annum + 20% bonus + great pension and benefits
There are exciting changes afoot in this well-known retail company in Hertfordshire as they embark on an exciting Procurement Transformation and are looking for a new Procurement Manager to come in and oversee the Marketing category area.
This company is continuingly looking for ways to develop the Procurement function and evolve so things like sponsoring CIPS and additional qualifications is very much considered here. The role will report to a highly experienced Head of Procurement and the role offers a hybrid flexible working model so you only need to be in the office for part of the week.
What the role involves:
As a Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing key strategic contracts, identifying opportunities for consolidating spend and undertaking tendering and contract management opportunities across the Marketing category
- Lead the Procurement function ensuring category spend is managed effectively and to drive quality and cost savings for the organisation as they continue to grow.
- Manage a new supplier on boarding and contract performance management programme to include SLA and KPI implementation.
- Building relationships with existing and new suppliers and trying to drive value and innovation
- Ensure procurement support is provided to other improvement projects across the business.
- Shaping & orchestrating the category strategy for the Brand, Propositions and Events team, which will involve collaborating, negotiating and analyzing the output of our design/artwork agencies, photographers, proposition agencies, internal and external event providers.
The person we hope to find:
- Marketing procurement category management experience
- Excellent communication skills and able to work with all levels of management and stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well organised, process and team-oriented with the ability to prioritise quickly
- Highly motivated self-starter: ability to initiate and manage work with minimal supervision
- Be able to manage multiple strategic projects at one time and work at pace
- Ideally you will be CIPS qualified
Salary and Benefits:
£45-55,000 per annum + 20% bonus + 7% great pension and benefits and flexible working
If you are a Procurement Manager and are looking for your next challenge in a progressive and well-established company in Hertfordshire and have an interest in working on a variety of projects across the Marketing category area then this could be an opportunity worth exploring further.
For more information, please apply directly, or by emailing the latest copy of your CV and contact details to email@example.comApply