Head of Category – Global Direct Materials
£65k – £70k plus bonus, unrivalled pension scheme and great benefits
A well respected and recognised global manufacturing company are going through an exciting change and investment and as a result they are looking for a new Head of Category to oversee global direct materials spend for the Procurement function. This role will be based out of their modern offices in Crawley with remote / home working available as well on a weekly basis to suit you and the business needs.
Reporting straight into the VP Global Procurement and a dotted line into the Global CPO this role will see you oversee all direct category spend within the business function. This spend is all direct goods so someone who has worked in a similar industry or managed direct procurement spend in other industries would be preferable.
What the role involves:
- The purpose of the role is to actively participate in the creation and design of an aligned global category strategy with the goal of achieving significant cost reduction while maintaining/improving product quality and vendor service levels.
- Influences a global team of Strategic Buyers and controls directly the results achieved with a strong intervention power in case of under-performing results.
- Works closely with key stakeholders in member organizations and in corporate functions to develop effective category strategies and implementation plans.
- Supports product development activity with subject matter expertise in supplier strategy, future technological development and a global assessment of geographic/political/economic risks.
The person we hope to find:
- Previous experience of Procurement Category Management at a senior level ideally for direct materials and within a Manufacturing or similar environment.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of developing and deploying sourcing strategies, financial concepts and the ability to create business cases
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills – able to construct/execute multiple complex analyses
- Good planning/project management skills – able to develop comprehensive workable issue sets in complex situations
- Expert negotiating skills and ability to collaborate and engage stakeholders
Salary and Benefits:
£65-70,000 + great bonus, unrivalled pension and other excellent benefits
If you are a Procurement Leader looking for a new challenge or perhaps you are managing a small team and looking for a role with more scope and responsibility, then this could well be the role for you! You will need to have come from a direct procurement background in a manufacturing, FMCG, aviation or engineering organisation. This is a business Talent Drive our proud to partner with both because of their ethics and also appetite to truly invest in Procurement and this being at the forefront of the business.
For more information please apply directly, or by emailing the latest copy of your CV and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.orgApply