Global Procurement Manager- Direct Materials
A unique opportunity has come up in a world recognised Technology brand in Sussex due to an increase in demand for the Procurement Team. This role will see you managing the Procurement Category Strategy globally for a range of direct goods. The preferred candidate will have ideally come from a manufacturing or engineering background and needs to have a background in direct materials within Procurement. This role will report straight into the Global Head of Procurement who is based in the UK.
What the role involves:
- Management of a range of direct materials spend across the division.
- Ensure that Procurement is seen in a strategic way and looking at new long-term supplier strategy and innovation and how to bring best value to this.
- A lot of contracts are single source so identifying ways to review this.
- Have the chance to interact with the wider Procurement exec team in making critical commercial decisions as part of the short, medium- and long-term strategy of the business and be empowered to make these decisions.
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the Procurement Team to drive value from current supplier base.
The person we hope to find:
- Proven procurement buying experience across direct materials
- Previous experience in working in an Engineering or Manufacturing environment is desirable
- Understanding of reviewing a sourcing strategy and facing off internally and externally with stakeholders to deliver this.
- Flexible, adjust readily to new situations while effectively dealing with ambiguity, stress and uncertainty. Able to leverage knowledge of operations and develop solutions to complex issues.
- Strong negotiation skills and understanding of contracts and supply agreements.
Salary and Benefits:
£45-55,000 + 10% bonus + private healthcare and a great pension scheme
This is a great time to join this growing company who continue to invest in their products and global markets and a chance for perhaps a Buyer looking for a step up into something more senior and to be part of this global team. If you have a direct procurement category background and looking for a new challenge in Sussex, then please get in touch!
If you’re interested in this role, please apply directly.