Directs Buyer (Electrical Products)
An outstanding retail business with a family heritage spanning back over 100 years are looking for an experienced Buyer to join their well-established and dynamic Procurement team. This exciting role will see you
manage the electrical power tools category and lead on sourcing new and innovative finished products in a fast-paced and competitive marketplace
If you’re technically minded, hand’s-on and passionate about cutting edge
products then this role will give you the perfect platform to express yourself in your daily activities. The role will see you report to the Senior Buyer and Buying Director who have both been with the company for 25 years.
What the role involves:
- Overseeing the buying activity for the Electrical Power Tools category area.
- Develop effective relationships on an international scale to ensure best service and pricing.
- Identify opportunities to improve product features and benefits.
- Ensuring category spend is managed effectively and to drive quality and cost savings for the
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and evaluate them with effective benchmarking to the
collaborate with our Sales & Marketing Teams to identify new product opportunities
- Work alongside departmental senior stakeholders to ensure existing and new products are compliant
with the relevant international standards and effective communication of supply issues to mitigate risk or
impact on business operations.
The person we hope to find:
- Previous buying experience across the electrical/ power tools category within a fast-paced retail or
similar environment is preferable.
- Experience in sourcing products on an international scale
- Passionate about mechanical and electrical products with a ‘hands on’ approach
- A real team player who is open, transparent and wants to work collaboratively.
- Well organised and Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise whilst managing multiple projects.
- Good attention to detail and be prepared to challenge suppliers/ stakeholders when required.
Salary and Benefits:
£34,000 – £40,000 + Excellent benefits
If you are a Buyer with electrical or direct finished goods category experience and are looking to join an ambitious and supporting retail business who support training and development and where every day is different then this role could well be for you.
For more information please apply directly, or by emailing the latest copy of your CV and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org